GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

Suggestion on wiring Ls harness to Gm vehicle 2002 to 1997…

Customer Question
Suggestion on wiring Ls...

Suggestion on wiring Ls harness to Gm vehicle 2002 to 1997 truck

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Yes trying to connect engine harness to truck wiring

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 GM?

02 engine to 97 jimmy

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jimmy yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes something work but engine does not run very long

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Harness has been reworked for the truck

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: GMC
1/8/2018
GMC Mechanic: Pete, GMC Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Pete, GMC Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The best thing you can do here is obtained all wiring diagrams for the 02 and the 97 to make this work.You can get these from https://www.alldatadiy.com/.They will charge a fee for each vehicle but the fee is good for one year and covers all diagrams and locations you need as well as diagnostic and repair info on both models.This is the best thing to do as you need ground locations and power sources and inputs as well as data signal inputs and this is allot of wiring to go through.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, GMC Mechanic