GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

Check engine light comes on 2009 Acadia 84000 moles, checked…

Check engine light comes...

Check engine light comes on 2009 Acadia 84000 moles, checked gas cap

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It saty must of the times sometimes it blinks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the gas cap to make sure it was tight, did not seem to resolve the issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a fee for this service??

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

And what is the cost??

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Let me check somethings else out and will come back

1/7/2018
xsvectOR
xsvectOR, ASE Certified Technician

do you have access to a scan tool?

no I do not have access to a scan tool
the car is in the garage and it is cold outside to I need to be at the car?

The check engine light comes on when the on-board computer detects a fault in engine driveability or performance, transmission control system or transmission, or the emissions system, and a fault code is set and stored in the computer. Faults that can set the check engine light can range from a vaccuum leak, engine mis-fire, low engine compression, faulty sensor such as O2 sensor or other engine sensor, hydraulic pressure loss in transmission, transmission shift solenoid, open/short in wiring harness, emission evaporative system leak, or one of over a hundred different reasons.The only way to know what set a fault code and turned the check engine light on is to have a diagnostic scanner hooked up to the on-board computer and read it for stored diagnostic fault codes. Many auto parts stores will do this service for free- (like auto zone)check with you local parts stores. If none in your area do, then you will have to take it to a shop and pay to have the computer read for stored fault codes.Without knowing the fault codes numbers, it would be irresponsible to guess as to the cause as there are hundreds of possible causesif you provide me a diagnostic code we can narrow down the cause of failure

Thank you for you feedback I will drive up to auto zone and see if I can used their scanner tool.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
xsvectOR
xsvectOR, ASE Certified Technician
Provide valuable information to point me in the right direction.

if you get the codes i can give you a idea of the failure

The check engine light & other warning lights comes on when the on-board computer detects a fault in engine driveability or performance, transmission control system or transmission, or the emissions system, and a fault code is set and stored in the computer. Faults that can set the check engine light can range from a vaccuum leak, engine mis-fire, low engine compression, faulty sensor such as O2 sensor or other engine sensor, hydraulic pressure loss in transmission, transmission shift solenoid, open/short in wiring harness, emission evaporative system leak, or one of over a hundred different reasons.The only way to know what set a fault code and turned the check engine light on is to have a diagnostic scanner hooked up to the on-board computer and read it for stored diagnostic fault codes. Many auto parts stores will do this service for free- (like auto zone)check with you local parts stores. If none in your area do, then you will have to take it to a shop and pay to have the computer read for stored fault codes.Without knowing the fault codes numbers, it would be irresponsible to guess as to the cause as there are hundreds of possible causesif you provide me a diagnostic code we can narrow down the cause of failure

I think this service is a rip off, my paypal account was charged $36 i didnot agree to that charge