GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

The abs light and parking brake light came on today and it…

Good morning the abs...

Good morning the abs light and parking brake light came on today and it won't go off, brakes seem to be fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked your brake fluid? The reservoir is located under the hood near the dash.

No, I have not done that, I am in upstate new York Rochester and it is like -15 degrees today, lol...but I will check when it warms up to 26 degrees Sunday, lol...is that all it could be?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 GMC?

It is older vehicle 2004 GMC Envoy...(paid cash for it, prices vehicles just too expensive, lol)/.//

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Envoy yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I am not good mechanically, most I can do is change the bulbs or fuse, lol....I will take it to Mechanic I trust...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yeah, I was driving yesterday idling in traffic and it cut off and said SERVICE ENGINE SOON and POWER ENGINE, it started right back up, light stayed on ....came back out of store and lights went off.....no lights at all this morning though...

1/5/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

It actually could be as easy as a low fluid level, but if the fluid level is low this means you need brakes or you have a leak somewhere. So I can wait until sunday when you check and let me know what the situation is

Ok...thank you...I hope that is all it is.

No problem, try to stay warm and get it checked sooner than later because if it is a leak and your driving it that could be very unsafe

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician