GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

95 6.5 diesel cranks but no glow plug light and all dash is…

Customer Question
95 6.5 diesel cranks...

95 6.5 diesel cranks but no glow plug light and all dash is dead , no voltmeter etc no exhaust either but cranks just like it always did drove it into drive way parked went into shop and the went out tried to start it and no joy

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Fuses yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checking fuses no power at ecm 1 and eng 1

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It happend so quick w no problems before its like there was a fusable link that failed

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GMC
1/5/2018
GMC Mechanic: Pete, GMC Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, GMC Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.If the electronic ignition switch is acting up to where one or more of its contacts has failed suddenly this causes this issue here.This would need to be tested with a multi meter to see for sure.I can see if I can tell you how to test this just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete