GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

Dashboardlights won't go off. 2005 gmc envoy denali.

Customer Question
Dashboardlights won't go off ...

Dashboardlights won't go off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GM?

2005 gmc envoy denali

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Envoy yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Radio sometime stays on when I open door and keys are out

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: GMC
1/4/2018
GMC Mechanic: Todd Audette, A.S.E Certified Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, A.S.E Certified Master Technician

Hi my name is*****'m a G.M Master Technician with 30 yrs of experience. I'm reviewing you question and would be happy to assist you.

I'm sorry you are having this problem....give me a few minutes to look at some basic diagnostics and i will be with you shortly

What is happening here is the Body control module isn't recognizing the door being opened when the key is turned to the off position.....Most probable cause is the door latch in the drivers door. To properly isolate the problem, a scan tool that can look at Body Control Module data would have to be used to look at the door parameters when opened and closed

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can I do anything to shut them off tonight? I don't want my battery dead in the morning

You cold try opening and closing all the doors maybe several times and see if it turns off....If not i would just disconnect the negative cable at the battery so it doesn't kill the battery for now

Customer service is my #1 goal. Rating this question 3 -5 stars will keep the session open for further questions you my have for me.... Thanks for rating and using Just Answer

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that's the black cable or the red one?

Black

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you

You are very welcome and please don't forget to rate...Thank You

Todd Audette
Todd Audette