GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

Having problems with traction control. Check engine lite…

Customer Question
Having problems with traction...

Having problems with traction control. Check engine lite comes, traction control problem in msg center and loss of engine pwr.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on, i stopped when I restarted engine everything worked fine. this is dangerous especially if driving in hvy trf on multi lane rds.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2010 gmc acadia slt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?

Havent tried anything yet. was attempting to get info on whether this is common problem or isolated. if somewhat common, gm should have fix for this dangerous situation.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Guess not.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: GMC
1/2/2018
GMC Mechanic: Pete, GMC Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Pete, GMC Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Usually, all three of these lights/messages can come on at the same time when a fault is detected with one of the engine components or traction control components.It will be one fault causing all of these here.This can be a fault with a wheel speed sensor sending a false signal needing to be replaced or an issue with a component like a throttle body as the throttle position sensor was a common fault.But there are several other causes as well in some cases.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers in it.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.A local shop or dealer can read out the codes for you as well as diagnose and repair it for a fee.A local parts store can also sometimes read out the codes at no charge to you but usually cannot diagnose the fault but can give you an idea of what is at fault needing repaired or replaced.

This does have to be done due to the several different components that can cause this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete