GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

My 2008 sequoia does not blow hot air on one side it blows…

Customer Question
My 2008 sequoia does...

My 2008 sequoia does not blow hot air on one side it blows cold air on the passenger then it sometimes does the same on the driver side

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?

I just had a coolant flush no water on my garage floor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replacing the motor for the blend door box

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The dealership said the blend doorr box needed replaced

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: GMC
1/1/2018
GMC Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

hi,

Does yours have manual or automatic climate control and does it have separate driver and passenger side temperature controls?

With the engine idling for several minutes and heater on high, do both the heater hoses in the engine compartment get hot?

has automatic climate and has separate driver and passenger controls along with rear control don't know if the heater hoses get hot how do I check the hoses? I can manually control my side and the passenger can control their side

HI,

Pop the hood and you should see 2 black hoses that go from the engine to the firewall. Those are the heater hoses for the heater core. Crank engine and turn heater on high and let it idle for 5 minutes or so and then feel the hoses and see if both are hot or not.

Let me know the results.

both hoses are warm

HI,

Ok, it has flow thru the heater core.

With both sides blowing incorrect air temperature at times, I more suspect the climate control panel than I do the doors themselves.

What you need to do is watch both blend door actuators while changing the temperature. If you see both actuators moving when adjusting the temperature up and down, then it is the doors. If they do not move, then it is the climate control panel

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager