GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

My 2001 GMC jimmy is stuck in park and it rolls ain i cant…

Customer Question
My 2001 GMC jimmy...

My 2001 GMC jimmy is stuck in park and it rolls ain i cant move it from park.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jimmy yourself? What have you tried so far?

Put the key in the ignition and then turn it 1 click and then pressed the brake then tried to move it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: GMC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
GMC Mechanic: Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic

Hi there, I am cam

Often the shifter cable comes off the shift lever on the drivers side of the transmission. This can often be popped back on with little trouble. When you have the wheel blocked and it is safe to climb under, do so and look for the cable. You may need to move the shift lever on the transmission forward to get the cable and lever to line up. There is a rubber grommet in the end of the cable that holds the cable on. If that is missing then you may need to replace the whole shift cable. Try this and see.

Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic