GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

New 2017 Yukon Denali. Volt meter shows battery to be good…

Customer Question
New 2017 Yukon Denali...

New 2017 Yukon Denali. Volt meter shows battery to be good but all systems are dark. Even both key fobs operate nothing and dash dark when door opened.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

No but tried the other fob with same result.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Yukon Denali yourself? What have you tried so far?

I guess I will wait till next year and get roadside to tow to dealer. Since battery is good I have not jumped.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: GMC
12/29/2017
GMC Mechanic: Pete, GMC Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Pete, GMC Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Your battery can show voltage but can be a bad battery with little or no amperage from it.I have seen this occur several times before and had to replace the battery.You can have a local parts store test it free of charge and if under warranty usually, the dealer can have it towed, repaired and delivered back to you at no charge to you.But low amperage can cause this even with 12 volts showing on the battery or the volt meter showing o.k.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Pete, GMC Mechanic