GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

The pre catalyst oxygen sensor"s accumulated voltage during…

Customer Question
The pre catalyst oxygen...

The pre catalyst oxygen sensor"s accumulated voltage during a predetermined samping period was consistent y higher that the maximum acceptable value.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?

I am a little confused about this I don't know cars. Widow with a Terrain 2012.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Terrain yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it to. Auto Zone. Who tested it out to see why check engine light is on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I need to have it inspected before the first of January!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: GMC
12/24/2017
GMC Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

if you took the car to autozone and they used the scan tool they should have given you fault code numbers correct?

if so what are those numbers please?

P219A Bank 1Air-Fuel Ratio Imbalance (3 times)
Did you get the code
I
Ok thanks , is this a 4 cylinder engine or 6 cylinder?
4 cylinder
Ok thanks , so either the oxygen sensor is faulty or you have a intake leak or exhaust leak. What kind of info were you looking to get from us today?
Do you know the cost for repairs for either?

depending on when your car was built it may still be under the emissions warranty. I would contact the dealer and have them check your car out before you expire on time or miles.

hopefully it is still covered if not it can be about 400 $ repair for the sensor.

Lou

Hello have you made any progress yet?

Lou

Hello, sorry to bother you, I know you have already paid for the service i wanted to be sure you were taken care of, can you let me know if all is well or if you still need assistance, thanks,Lou

GMC Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago

Hello did you get the car taken care of?