GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

I need to replace a front bumper parking sensor...looks like…

Customer Question
I need to replace...

I need to replace a front bumper parking sensor...looks like it is not too bad

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

...there is no damage except the little round dot fell into the bumper and the parking system says it is offline I got under the car and found the sensor...it is smashed. I disconnected it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GMC?

2016 GMC yukon XL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Yukon XL yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was going to gauge if I could do it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: GMC
12/21/2017
GMC Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 6 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, in order to replace the sensor, you will need to remove the front bumper cover. If you feel you can do this, then I will upload the directions

Again, do you want directions to remove the front bumper?

If so, you need to reply to let me know. If no reply, I can only assume you do not want directions

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.