GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

Remote start won't work-changed batteries in remotes and…

Remote start won't work-changed...

Remote start won't work-changed batteries in remotes and still no luck

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

We put a brand new battery in the truck when we bought it a couple of weeks ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GM?

2014 gmc sierra 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sierra 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes-tried testing the hood latch switch but regardless we don't get any dash light indicating when the hood is raised

12/19/2017
GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Master Technician

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer.

Does the remote work for the door locks?

the remote works on the door locks. My husband unplugged the hood latch switch and checked for corrosion, then reconnected and didn't work. When the hood is up we don't get any error message showing that the hood is open. When we try the remote start, the lights flash as they should, but nothing happens.
With the engine running do you have a engine light on?
Most auto parts stores will scan it for free.
No cel on. My husband has an obsession scanner and checked for codes and there are non.
Can you post your vin number?
3gtu2vec8eg362060
Is remote start enabled ?
Through the radio
Not sure. Will have to check that out. How do I do that?
Go to settings than to vehicle.
Scroll through should be something about remote start.
When I was checking your vin.
You have 4 open recalls.
Will try thagain s when I get off work and get back to you.
Ok
Thanks
Went in through radio and remote start heated seats was already set to "on". Got out and tried it and no go. Headlights flash and then nothing.
Need a scan tool that can read Body Control Module (BCM).
Need to look at remote start fail history.
Thanks. We have now scheduled to take it to a dealer to get the recalls taken care of and they will check into it for us. Thanks for your help.
Thank you for letting me help.
If you are happy with my service.
Please rate me.
GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Master Technician