GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

The '' lights come on for the air bag, the stabiltrack and…

Customer Question
The 'idiot' lights come...

The 'idiot' lights come on for the air bag, the stabiltrack and the***** I have replaced the cable on the front right side twice, which is what the code said to do. However, it

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

Its still not fixed. So, I have no*****and I can only guess its with a sensor or relay. Which seat belt? No, there is nothing impeding the seat belt latch.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GMC?

2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am fixing it myself. The dealers and mechanics seem to want to tear the entire car apart first and that would cost me more than the car is worth.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, those are the only problems.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: GMC
12/16/2017
GMC Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Can I get all the current code numbers stored?

I don't have them at this time, but it only showed the code for the cable that I already replaced twice. With brand new cables each time.

For me to help you address these lights, I will need to know those codes. You can reply later once you get them.

Sorry, but since its so late, I don't have the exact code. It just bugs me cuz I have a feeling its just a sensor or relay, If I knew which one, I could replace it and see if that works. I spent so much money already on the cables and the scanner.

We can continue later, that way I do not have to just guess.

If you can wait until tomorrow, then I can get you the code and possibly call you then to talk more about it. I just thought that it might be a simple solution I could try right away in the morning.

It may be expensive, cheap, easy, hard. I just need the codes to know where to begin. Reply whenever you have them and we can continue.

Ok. Thank you for your time now. I will get back to you when I have more info.

Super