GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

Couldn't get the key out n when key came out now it want…

Customer Question
Couldn't get the key...

Couldn't get the key out n when key came out now it want start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes battery good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GMC?

Yes good

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your GMC?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Check fuses

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GMC
12/12/2017
GMC Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

GMC Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago

What model is your 2003 gmc?

GMC Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few thing that can prevent the engine from starting, especially depending on what it's actually doing. It will require some testing to determine exactly what is going on.

If you were unable to turn the key back to the lock position to remove it, the starter now does not engage, and the problems are related, then there is most likely a trans or shift linkage related issue and it isn't seeing that it's in park.

Does the starter not engage now?