GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

Actually, GMC Sierra, 2015, can you help? This is a question…

Actually, GMC Sierra, 2015...

Actually, GMC Sierra, 2015, can you help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

This is a question about the BCM, connector, wire colors and the hi beam function

12/12/2017
roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

how can we help you??

roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer
OK, you folks helped me out with this a couple years ago on a different GM. Here's my deal. I drive a lot at night, and I seriously prefer an old school foot headlight dimmer switch. On my 2004, it was easy to set up with your help. Placing the stalk multifunc switch in high beam mode, and then hooking up the foot switch in series with the wire from the mf switch to the BCM, with one lead of the foot switch grounded, and one not, the foot switch then switches the high beam on and off. I want to do this again on my 2015 Sierrs. I have two questions: 1) is this the same basic wiring setup as the 2004, or is there a different situation on the 2015, and 2) if doable, what is the BCM connector, the connector position, and the wore color for that ground signal from the mf switch I need to tap?
I'm free until 10:00 MST
Amedee
Amedee, Automotive Consultant
Phone call session started