GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

2013 Denali - no fan for heat or cooling - dashboard

Customer Question
2013 Denali - no...

2013 Denali - no fan for heat or cooling - dashboard controls operate correctly, just no heat or a/c or fan

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

I have not yet checked items, searching the internet for ideas to check before taking for repairs or to Autozone for HVAC codes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 GMC?

Yukon Denali XL AWD - 6.2L V8 SFI

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Yukon Denali yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have haven't tried anything yet, just researching for ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What is the charge for the mechanic's service?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GMC
12/11/2017
GMC Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Have you checked the 40 amp blower fuse out under the hood, and do you have a 12 volt test light or volt meter? thank you.

Thanks Edward, I have not yet checked anything, I was researching the web for ideas. I do have a meter at home and can test there. Is the 40 amp blower fuse located in the fuse box under the hood or is near the blower motor?

It is under the hood, it is fuse 70, a big J fuse, should be able to look in the top of it and see if it's blown or not. If the fuse is good, it is likely either the blower resistor or the blower motor itself. did it make any odd noises before it went out?

Thanks, I'll give that a try first.

If it isn't the fuse, and you didn't hear any odd noises before it stopped working, I would say it was probably the blower resistor. if you did hear odd noises from the blower, then it could be the blower motor itself. I would say it was either one or the other if the fuse is good and you have power to the blower motor when you turn it on, you can check that with a test light.

There are not that difficult to replace, everything is under the dash on the passenger side. Thank you. Let us know if you have any further questions.

If your all set please don't forget to rate the question via one of the star icons at the top of the page. If you need to ask us anything else just let us know. Thank you and best wishes!