GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

2004 GMC ENvoy. Check engine light comes on periodically,

Customer Question
Thanks, ***** ***** ENvoy...

Thanks, ***** ***** ENvoy. Check engine light comes on periodically, cruise control doesn't work and the MPG gauge goes crazy when service engine light is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on and then turns off after awhile

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Envoy yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took to dealer. said the cruise/service engine issue was old code. they put in new ball joints, fuel filter, and plugs right before we left on this trip and the cruise still wasn't working and these other issues arised

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

NAh, that should be it, thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GMC
12/8/2017
GMC Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you had is scanned since the light has come back on?

No. The light comes up and off so its hard to get it in some where

it will have a stored code any auto parts store will do a scan for free, maybe they call pull it up for you, this would help point us in the right direction.

Well I know that bud
These issues don't lead you to a diagnosis at all?

I mean I could guess but what you have going on could be about 30 different things. Im sorry I dont have a better answer for you. If you have the old code thats prob whats going on with the system now.

hows it going?