GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

My rear tailgate window won’t roll up and I can’t open the…

Customer Question
My rear tailgate window...

My rear tailgate window won’t roll up and I can’t open the tailgating either

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GMC?

2005 GMC envoy XUV

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Envoy XUV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried resetting the the switch. I was trying to remove contents to take car to the shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes the car cuts off when I turn on the ac/hearted. Should I have the throttle body cleaned

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No leaking

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GMC
12/8/2017
GMC Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Let me ask a few more questions please. is the check engine light on now when driving? Also, did the tailgate window problem happen at the same time you couldn't open the tailgate? or did you notice these two problems happened at different times? thank you.

No check engine light on. The wind was half way down, when I tried to roll it up and it wouldn’t go up however it did roll down. Once it went all the way down it would not come back up. As a result now the tailgate won’t open
O thanks for the phone call. It’s going to cost at $80 to have a mechanic look at it. I don’t have that kind of money to spend
Ok. So how would a mechanic be able to open the door manually in order to fix the window
If you call is it going to cost me more money

yes, don't worry about the automated phone call message right now, that is more for pinpoint diagnosing. Which I don't think we need just yet here. Do you see a trim plug in the center of your liftgate? that you can pop out?

No thanks I will have it checked by the dealer. How can I get my money back

You do not wish to continue here and request a refund is that correct?

Alright, I will turn you over to customer service then. Thank you and best wishes!

Sorry I didn’t see all your responses

That's alright, I see the question is opened back up now, did you see the trim plug in the center of the tailgate by chance? thank you.