GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

2006 GMC Envoy AWD 3.4. The ECM failed and needed replacing.

Customer Question
I ordered a new on...
2006 GMC Envoy AWD 3.4. The ECM failed and needed replacing. I ordered a new on from ACDELCO and installed it. It will not communicate, eother with my J2534 programmer or my snapon scanner. No crank. No security light on or flashing. Any special procedure that I missed. I tried disconnecting the battery and shorting out the leads.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: GMC
12/7/2017
GMC Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

was the new ECM programmed to the trucks VIN number ?

No it came unprogrammed. That was what I was trying to do with my programmer and the ACDelco subscription

you have a programming scan tool to load the programming into the then plug in and program the computer to your trucks VIN number ?

I have the tools but neither the programming tool nor my scan tool communicates. I though maybe I was missing something

did it ask you to request current info out of the computer then it will ask if the VIN number is ***** ?

Can't get that far. As soon as the programmer asks that the new ecm be connected, it cannot communicate with the new one.
power and ground good on the DLC

then you will need a scan tool to program this computer or have a shop program it for you

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer