GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

I have a 2011 gmc savana with LGH duramax. The follow

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 gmc savana with LGH duramax. The follow message appear in cluster : clean DPF, run until message clear. I look in ecm data and it have 60 g. of soot. I try to enable regeneration with scanner. The process start and after 1 minute it stop. I check the regeneration inhibit reason and it's wrote: idle override. Nothing as change for the idle. In the ecm I found a DTC about intake air valve performance signal. Does it have a link with this DTC and my big accumulation of soot?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

Average 330 000km and it's a 6.6 duramax

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Savana yourself? What have you tried so far?

I visit the gm dealer severals times and the technician found nothing...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, I remove the DPF filter to clean them in a professionnal shop. No change for my problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GMC
11/30/2017
GMC Mechanic: Pete, GMC Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, GMC Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you post the fault code number here that is setting?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.

DTC is P02E7-00

I apologize for the delay.

Here is what occurs when this code sets

* The driver information center, if equipped, may display Reduced Engine Power message.
* Diesel particulate filter (DPF) regeneration is inhibited.

This can be due to a dirty or faulty throttle body.Here is the diagnosis for this code that needs to be followed to pinpoint and repair this issue.Once this is done it should then allow a regen.

Circuit/System Verification

1. Ignition ON, observe the scan tool DTC information. DTC P02E2, P02E3, P02EB, P0697, P122C, P122E, or P122F should not be set.If a code is set it needs diagnosed and repaired first.

2. Ignition ON, command the Intake Air Flow Valve Motor from 100-0 % with a scan tool. The IAF Valve Desired Position parameter and the IAF Valve Position parameter should match.
3. Engine idling, observe the scan tool IAF Valve Pos. Sensor voltage parameter. The reading should be between 3.7-4.7 V.
4. Turn OFF the ignition while observing the scan tool IA Flow Valve Position parameter. The parameter should fluctuate between 100-0 % several times.
5. Operate the vehicle within the Conditions for Running the DTC to verify the DTC does not reset. You may also operate the vehicle within the conditions that you observed from the Freeze Frame/Failure Records data.

Circuit/System Testing

1. Ignition OFF, inspect the Q38 throttle body for the following conditions:

* A throttle blade that is not in the rest position
* A throttle blade that is binding open or closed
* A throttle blade that opens or closes without spring pressure
* Throttle body for dirt, debris or coking
* A damaged throttle valve blade or shaft

◊If a condition is found, clean or replace the Q38 throttle body assembly as necessary.

2. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the Q38 throttle body.
3. Ignition OFF and all vehicle systems OFF. It may take up to 2 minutes for all vehicle systems to power down. Test for less than 5 ohm between the low reference circuit terminal 4 and ground.

◊If greater than the specified range, test the low reference circuit for an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.

4. Ignition ON, test for 4.8-5.2 V between 5-volt reference circuit terminal 5 and ground.

◊If less than the specified range, test 5-volt reference circuit for a short to ground or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.
◊If greater than the specified range, test the 5-volt reference circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.

5. Verify the scan tool IAF valve position sensor voltage is less than 0.1 V.

◊If greater than the specified range, test the signal circuit terminal 3 for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.

6. Install a 3 A fused jumper wire between the signal circuit terminal 3 and the 5-volt reference circuit terminal 5. Verify that the scan tool IAF position sensor voltage is greater than 4.8 V.

◊If less than the specified range, test the throttle body signal circuit for a short to ground or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.
◊If all circuits test normal, replace the Q38 throttle body.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Ok, do you think it have a link with the inhibit reason (idle override)?

I do think that it is not allowing regen to operate at all or properly as it thinks the engine speed is being tampered with so once the code is repaired and cleared out then the regen should work from there.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete