GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

André I do own a 2004 XUV Envoy and I do have difficulty to…

Customer Question
Hello my name is...

Hello my name is André I do own a 2004 XUV Envoy and I do have difficulty to filling it up with gaz...look's like I do have a gaz filter issued on my pipe???

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your GMC Envoy. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Well how this could be fix and the cost?Please.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GMC
11/30/2017
GMC Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Ok thank's

Andre,

The problem you are describing is a known problem and GM has released a service bulletin calling for replacing the filler neck with an updated unit. The labor to do this calls for .5 of one hour and the neck will cost you right at $100. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review. Following the steps in the bulletin should solve this issue for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/67qjl84uxvdcyo4/filler%20neck%20bulletin%20Nov%2030.pdf?dl=0

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.