GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

The mechanic that generally repairs my car has stated that…

Customer Question
The mechanic that generally...

The mechanic that generally repairs my car has stated that the car needs a Reflash regarding the functioning of the Brain and that the Throttle Body is placing the car in safe mode.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

It is a 2003 6 cylinder GMC Envoy XLT. The gage light keeps coming on and the temperature gage keeps droping. He said that when that happens it is because the brain needs a reflash.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The gage light and the check engine light comes on and off at times and this problem seems to be affecting the stating mode as well

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Envoy yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it to NTB and the mechanic says that the only one provide a reflash and fix the Throttle Body

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes. Is it still safe to drive and is what the mechanic says is true?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GMC
11/27/2017
GMC Mechanic: HDGENE, Master Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Master Auto Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, I can see a reflash needed when replacing the throttle body, but the temperature gauge is most likely an issue with the cluster or the sender depending on how low it drops. If the cooling system was open and it has an air pocket, it can cause the gauge to fluctuate, If it needs a throttle body, it should be done asap. If the throttle body malfunctions it can cause no throttle response and make you get in an accident if you cannot control the vehicle properly.

If you need more help please let me know. If I answered your questions please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?