GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

2004 Envoy XUV, rear tailgate window regulator bad. Can not…

Customer Question
2004 Envoy XUV, rear...

2004 Envoy XUV, rear tailgate window regulator bad. Can not get the gate to open to remove last bolt for regulator. Reading to find manual method to release tailgate.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your GMC Envoy XUV. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No just how to manually open the tailgate.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GMC
11/27/2017
GMC Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, there's a release behind the trim panel. I'll post info on it below.

1. Lower the end gate window out of the roof rear header seal.
2. Remove the end gate trim panel.
3. Remove the end gate inner reinforcement panel.
4. Locate the manual release lever (1), located on the upper and lower left latches (2).
5. Slide the manual release levers (1) upward to swing open the end gate.
6. Diagnose and repair the end gate latches.
Installation Procedure
1. Install the end gate inner reinforcement panel.
2. Install the end gate trim panel.
3. Check for proper operation of the end gate latches and window.

More info below

Hello, I was just wanting to follow up and see how things went.