GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

Dave, I need to remove the back panel of the front seats to…

Dave, good morning! I need to...
Dave, good morning!
I need to remove the back panel of the front seats to install a headrest dvd player on both seats.
Also i need to know how to get access to the inside of the center console to permanently power the players (a wire to wire connection from inside the center console) from the rear cigarette wires/ connector.I hope you can help me since i want to do that installation.Thanks in advance!
11/22/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, you need to pull outward on the bottom part of the panel to disengage two lower clips. Once you do that, then you can move it to either side to disengage the panel from the clips and remove it.

For the console, I have attached diagrams showing how to remove the side panels and then the console if you need to remove it all the way

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

b6cfa57a-8727-418b-8c99-...pngb6cfa57...pnga063838c-62ff-4592-9d7b-...pnga063838...pngdf8b4e10-2f1c-45d2-87de-...pngdf8b4e1...pnga0b703da-894c-44ac-a266-...pnga0b703d...png
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager