GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

I have a 2017 GMC Yukon XL Denali we are attempting to mount…

I have a 2017...

I have a 2017 GMC Yukon XL Denali we are attempting to mount a grille guard on. On the end of the frame is a box the dealer says is an Adaptive Cruise Control. Can this be moved to allow the grille guard to mount to the frame. What would be the effects if moved.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 2 hours. no luck from the dealership.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes we have a shop which we do some high tec work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No mainly just know if we can move this box

11/21/2017
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Yes you can move the box but it may not detect vehicle in front of you properly so I wouldn't depend on the adaptive cruise control until you are sure it works properly after relocating. If you remove the box the adaptive cruise control will no longer work. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

OK is that all it affects. How about the lane change or are there any other functions performed by this box

That is all it will effect, the lane change has it's own box above mirror. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician
Cary York
Phone call session started