GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

I am trying to remove the engine cover on a 2017 gmc sierra…

Customer Question
I am trying to remove...
I am trying to remove the engine cover on a 2017 gmc sierra denali 6.2L ecotec 4wd.
There is a bolt or clip holding the back next to the firewall
Steve
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GMC
11/18/2017
GMC Mechanic: Anthony Uzmack, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony Uzmack
Anthony Uzmack, ASE Certified Technician

Hello Steve, my name is Tony. Hopefully I can provide you with some useful information.

You should just have to pull up on the cover to remove it. There are no bolts holding it onto the engine.

I have attached a pic from service information on how to remove it.

If you find this answer acceptable please click accept answer and provide a positive rating so I can be credited for this question. Thank you very much.

Hi Anthony,
My cover looks different, more like an LS cover - curved runners, no flange on front.
Definitely something holding the back
looks like a leg connects the engine cover to the top of the intake, drivers side rear
also wiring harness, I've released 2 push pins, are there more?
Thanks
Steve
do you face time?
did you receive 2 pics?

No the pictures did not come through.

I finally received the picture. I was misunderstanding the cover. I thought you meant the decorative cover they put over the engines. My Mistake. Thats the noise isolation cover for the top the intake manifold. There are two bolts up front and two bolts in the rear to take it off.

Just checking in to see if you got the cover removed.

If the information i provided was helpful please click accept answer and provide a positive rating so that I can be credited for this question. Thank you very much :)

The only way to remove it is with the intake manifold as one assembly there are three big wire Clips on the back of it and about a 4 inch lift that goes down behind the manifold
GMC Mechanic: GM Bob, ASE Master Technician replied 7 months ago
GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is Bob.

Do you still need help?

If so can you post a picture and VIN?

Thank you

I pulled it as an assembly with the intake.
I do need to know what the R&R is for the high pressure injectors. Specifically there are some white seals around them, are they reusable? 6.2L L86 ecotec 2017
Also have you ever heard of using oven cleaner to remove carbon from heads. I am installing a high lift cam and would like to clean up the heads combustion chamber and exhaust port while the valves are out.
Thanks
Steve
Give some time to look this up.
Got busy at work.
Thank you

Here is a link for fuel rail removal.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2nwjwgya6a0qlt/2017%20fuel%20rail.pdf?dl=0

As for cleaning carbon carb cleaner should do it.

Was this what you needed?

Please let me know.

Thank you

How's it going?

Need more help?

New issue
I was trying to torque a head down using new factory bolts that came in my cam kit from Tx Speed, and the manual said to torque to 59#, then 90*, then 60*, then 40*. This would put bolts at about 7 oclock position from initial 59# *****
Some bolts went to 4/5 oclock and reached 130 plus pounds of torque, so I left them at 4 or 5 oclock. However one bolt, top row in the center would not torque over 105 #'s, it rotated to the 11:30. So I took that bolt out and inspected the threads, looked OK. Replaced with another new bolt and it torqued quickly to 105, but when I tried to get 115 a half turn later it snapped. It is broken off in the block 2 1/2" below the deck where the threads start. I dont know if I can drill it out without taking shortblock to a machine shop?

Here is the torque spec (59 lb ft) + 90° + 60°

There is NO 40 degrees after the 60 degrees.

You may damage the block trying to remove the bolt. I would send to the machine shop.

Did you need anymore help?
GMC Mechanic: GM Bob, ASE Master Technician replied 6 months ago

Just checking in.

Did you get your engine running?