GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

The left turn signal works off and on. When it works both

Customer Question
lights come on. When it...
The left turn signal works off and on. When it works both lights come on. When it doesn't work the blinking is faster and only the front light works. Replacing the rear bulb did not help.
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: No. I thought the whole system would stop if the fuse was blown.
JA: What is the model/year of your GMC?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only changed the left rear bulb. Though it is a 2005 model it only has 115 k miles
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: GMC
11/18/2017
GMC Mechanic: GM Bob, ASE Master Technician replied 30 days ago
GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Master Technician

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer.

Can you post your VIN?

If you use your hazard flasher does the left rear light work?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago

VIN # is 1GKEC13T75R149893 When I turn on the hazard light the left rear does not blink. All of the other 3 hazard lights work

Do you have a test light?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
no

This may make it had to diagnose.

At the back under the truck there is a junction block.

Check the gray connector. Look for some corrosion on the terminals.

Do you have a trailer hook up?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
No trailer hookup. The grey junction block appears to have no corrosion on the terminals.

Need to get a test light to see if there is power back there.

Check all the connectors at the junction block

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
How do you explain the intermittent perfect functioning of the left turn signal ?

A bad wire or connector will cause intermittent problems.

It may start working after checking the connectors?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thanks. Anything else to check ?

It could be a bad under hood fuse block. But you need to start at ether end with a test light.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thanks.

Let me know if you need more help.

Thank you

GM Bob
GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Master Technician