GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

2007 hd2500 driver side heated seated back not working

bottom works any suggestions JA: Have...
2007 hd2500 driver side heated seated back not working bottom works any suggestions
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: electric problem
JA: What is the model of your '07 GMC?
Customer: sierra hd 2500
JA: Are you fixing your Sierra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well trying to see if the back and bottom are fused on seperate fuses but by looking at owners manual I don't see anything except where it comes off the IGN 3 circuit and the bottom works and the passenger side works so I assume the IGN 3 is good
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just is this a common problem on heated seats being this is the one used the most
11/17/2017
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The driver seat only uses one fuse and if the bottom is working then the common cause for this type of problem is usually either a failed seat back element or the connection to it. There have been some reported wiring concerns and GM has release a service bulletin dealing with this and the connections to check. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review. Its at least worth checking. If the wiring checks okay then suspect the seat element has failed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yxz7aqj35yx0dua/seat%20service%20bulletin%20Noc%2017.pdf?dl=0

See the circuit wiring as well as fuse location in this link for testing reference if needed.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxii4zqht2mtzff/seat%20wiring%20Nov%2017.pdf?dl=0

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thank you

Your very welcome and thank you as well.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Ron, ASE Certified Technician