GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

It drops temp down then jumps up high the go back to normal.

Customer Question
It drops temp down...

It drops temp down then jumps up high the go back to normal

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GM?

2006 GMC Sierra duramax

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sierra yourself? What have you tried so far?

No took it to a shop and the thermostats were replaced

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GMC
11/15/2017
GMC Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Is this a gradual or rapid change?

You are referring to the engine coolant temp sensor correct?

Will this occur at idle or only while driving?

Any testing to the sensor or its wiring done yet?

Does it ever overheat and boil out the coolant?

Does get hot and push the coolant out but then returns to normal and is fine

When getting hot do you hear the engine cooling fan spinning up to max speed trying to cool things down?

Is there a driving scenario where this seems to occur more often?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris