GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

The key wont turn in the ignition and I cannot get it out of…

Customer Question
The key wont turn...

The key wont turn in the ignition and I cannot get it out of park. I have a 2005 GMC Envoy

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

The steering wheel turns and the key is not worn out

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Envoy yourself? What have you tried so far?

It worked find yesterday morning but not last night

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have tried both sets of keys I am going to get it towed but need to get it out of gear first for them to be able to tow the car

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: GMC
11/14/2017
GMC Mechanic: david craig, Owner/[email protected] 3D Atuomotive replied 9 months ago
david craig
david craig, Owner/[email protected] 3D Atuomotive

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

hows it going?

GMC Mechanic: david craig, Owner/[email protected] 3D Atuomotive replied 8 months ago

were you able to get it taken care of? A reply would be nice. Thank you.