GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

I have a 2007 GMC acadia the check engine light came on i…

I have a 2007 GMC...
I have a 2007 GMC acadia the check engine light came on i scanned it and it gave me the codes p0016 p0017 i changed the crank shaft sensor 1 were is the second one located i cant find it
11/13/2017
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

ok

There is only 1 crankshaft position sensor, these codes most likely mean the timing chain has jumped which is a common problem on this engine. Did you plan to replace yourself or want to know what to expect at a shop?

shop

It is a 11 hour job to replace and about $300 in parts, you are looking at around $1500 total for repair total depending on where you go. Sorry about the bad news, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Dan, Technician