GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

My 2007 gmc envoy 4.2 L 4x4 rear defroster does not work. so…

Customer Question
my 2007 gmc envoy 4.2...
my 2007 gmc envoy 4.2 L 4x4 rear defroster does not work . so far i have changed the control box on the dash , i have checked for wiring breaks including the ground wire , i have checked for breaks in the window grid . i have changed the module in the rear lift gate . when i changed the rear module in the lift gate it would run my battery down . i tried a brand new one again and it ran my battery down dead again . my rear wiper works with my current module but when i used the others the wiper did not work . l put the original module does work the wiper and does not run the battery down . any help would be great ! thank you!- karl
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: GMC
11/13/2017
GMC Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Did you check for power on one side of the grid ? one side should be power and other ground.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

If no power what so ever at the grid check the wiring cord from the body to the lift door, they may be broken wires in there from lifting up and down over time. Let me know what you find.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician