GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

No power windows and door locks on the drivers side, 2013…

Customer Question
No power windows and...

No power windows and door locks on the drivers side

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

2013 gmc

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 GMC?

2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L, V8, Flex, VIN 7, Des LC9, 16V, USA/Canada

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sierra 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

4 x 4

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am a mechanic and it is at my shop now

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: GMC
11/10/2017
GMC Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

It will require some testing to determine exactly what is going on but if all control was lost from the driver's side at once then the most likely cause would be a broken wire. The driver's door module is most likely down, either due to a loss of power or ground to it or a failure of the module itself. The most common issue would be a broken wire in the boot between the door and the body, where the door harness runs to the body harness. This wiring flexes each time the door is opened and closed and can eventually break.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I have tried the power and the ground wires in the door .They are all fine and i have tried a used module and a new module but I do not get a response from the left door module on my Snap On Scanner. It will talk fine to all the other modules on the truck including the passenger side module. I have also load tested the power wire red /white and the ground wire black going to the Module at the switch before I came on here.The dark green data wire has 4.6 Volts.

I'm a full time tech and at work this morning, I'll get back to you as quickly as I can.

Ok Thanks let me know as soon as possible

You didn't have power on the yellow wire with the key on?

you mean the yellow wire at the left front door module Pin 5?
If that is the wire you mean no it does not have power.I think that wire goes to the door lock key switch.

That's accessory power from the BCM and is needed for the module to wake up. Locate this wire in the connector at the pillar just after the boot. It's mate on the body side connector will be brown. See if this wire has power with the key on.

there is no yellow wire that goes through the door hinges and neither is there a brown wire there .The yellow wire at the door lock module goes to the switch in the door.

I'll need the VIN to verify application then.

the VIN is 3GTP2VE77DG180249

OK Sounds good waiting to hear from you.

The information previously posted is correct per the factory wiring diagram for the VIN provided.

According to Identifix it does not have a yellow wire going to the door. Maybe you are thinking of bucket seats.I see if it has bucket seats it has different wiring .OK well what do I do now ?

I'm working from the VIN based factory wiring diagram for the VIN you provided. If the vehicle does not match I will be unable to help further.

OK Thanks for trying. I will sent the job to the Local GM Dealer here .

You're welcome!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician