GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

High pitched noise coming from engine compartment whether

second opinion] High pitched noise...
second opinion] High pitched noise coming from engine compartment whether the ac is on or off doesn’t affect it. When you turn the wheel there’s a small whine and the car trembles a bit. But it does that when idle too. When you first start the vehicle it’s whines for a bit and as it begins to settle into idling it goes away. When the engine is revved it’s prominate and gets louder. Im a chick so I may have a few extra questions but if it happens to be a basic fix like the alternator or a belt or a pulley I can fix that here at home myself. I have a 2003 GMC Envoy SLE.
10/18/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

Chick is cool ,ask me what you want as many time as you want

this sounds like a belt or pulley making noise when cold and when the bearing inside of it gets hot noise go away ,they way to check it is to take belt off and spin by hand every pulley and try to hear or feel the noise

lets start here and we go from there

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok sounds good sorry long day at work I’ll be off in about an hour and a half and then I will get home and do that

ok sounds good

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat