GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

Brake booster light and buzzer comes on. Level was a little…

Customer Question
brake booster light and...

brake booster light and buzzer comes on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Level was a little low,been awhile since its been changed

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Gmc w5500 2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, nothing yet trying to get some idea where to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Light turns off after driven a little,some times when brakes are applied you a little pedal kick back then brakes are fine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GMC
Answered in 1 day by:
10/1/2017
GMC Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 7 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You

Issue not resolved yet!
GMC Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 7 months ago

hey how are you

sound you have air in lines , change that fluid ,bleed and retest it .

do a master reset after the fluid and the bleed using below procedure

MASTER RESET

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

do not worry no spark will happen since we took power source out of the loop by taking both cables off, by touching them we are taking all residual power off the modules to reset them as if we using factory scanner .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

GMC Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 7 months ago

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You

Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few