GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

Voltmeter shows battery at 12.5 volts. Dash gauge shows 7-8…

Voltmeter shows battery at 12.5...
Voltmeter shows battery at 12.5 volts. Dash gauge shows 7-8 volts. Started and backed up and needed to move a couple feet more and engine will not turn over, no sound at all???
9/26/2017
roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

check voltage at the fuse block connector and see if you have the 12.5 volts

Roy

Where is fuse block connector?

there should be a wire from the battery to the fuse block. usually a red wire.

Roy

Will go look.
Roy,
Additional wire from pos term to approx 10x10x10" box w/cover, removed cover to multi fuses.
Where to check for voltage?

check where the positive wire to where it connects to the fuse block

Sitting in truck waiting

waiting for what???

Roy,
You are getting my messages sent from my iPad and some of your replies I get but not all?
The fuse block must be under the panel where the fuses are installed. The enclosure must house other things as well and it is bolted in? No other place to check voltage?
On dash the red battery icon, upper right, lights when key is turned on. With key on can operate windows?

I have sent you 2 messages.

I need you to go under the hood and check voltages at the fuse block with the key on.

check any fuse and tell me the voltage

Roy

roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer
Roy
I started this inquiry on my iPad and you responded to it unti my reference of the fuse box. Then went to my phone?
Did you get my message about the battery icon?
Phone call session started
roybelding
roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer