GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

My 2006 Chevy Kodiak C 5500 I had the truck detailed went to…

Customer Question
My 2006 Chevy Kodiak...

My 2006 Chevy Kodiak C 5500 I had the truck detailed went to pick it up and started right up 30 seconds shut off now I just cranks

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 GMC?

C5500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked all the fuses everything seems to be fine the one thing I did notice is the Squigley wire light on the dashboard I believe the heater on the glow plugs stays on and never goes off

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: GMC
9/25/2017
GMC Mechanic: Pete, GMC Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Pete, GMC Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If they had detailed the engine area most likely they damaged the glow plug control unit ( usually on the top drivers side of the engine ) or damaged wiring from the glow plug unit to the glow plugs or glow plugs.

Since this light does not turn off what needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool or computer that will plug into your model to see what codes are set.There should be at least one code set that will help to diagnose and locate this issue here.If you can get this code info and post it here this will help.

But if when the fault is located it is found to be related to the engine being sprayed off I would see if the detail facility will help pay for the costs for repair.I have seen the glow plug control unit itself become damaged internally needing replaced for this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Code po 6703
Not yet what is the code

Can you verify the code number for me.That code is not coming up for this model here.

Let me know,thanks Pete