KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop owner, tech
Experience:  HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY QUESTION CORECTLY.
5629372

I have a GMC Sonoma Vin number 1GTCS195X28243640 I know its

I have a GMC Sonoma Vin number 1GTCS195X28243640 I know its the 2.2 litter motor ( 4 cylinder) it started having a problem on start up in the morning. about 60 days ago. It would not go into reverse on start up about 2 minutes later, it engages and runs fine the rest of the day (forward and reverse) I also might point out that it will go in drive first thing the morning every time. My first thought was fluid but if it hits on the dip stick between the two holes its got fluid.Also the fluid is that nice dark red color,like it was fresh out the can......Any thoughts????

The fluid should be a nice clear red color, not dark. When was the last time the fluid was serviced?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I've only owned the truck about 60 days and ive never had the fluid serviced. I struggled with the description but it looks fresh out of the can.

With what you are saying, the revers input clutches must be where your problem is. With out rebuilding the clutch pack, the best thing you can do would be to add a bottle of trans medic. You should be able to get a bottle at any auto parts store.

The problem will most likely be the lip seals on the apply piston have gotten hard. Th trans medic will help soften them back up so they can seal off better.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
thank you

You are very welcome.