GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

I have a GMC 2002 Sonoma VIN 1GTCS195X28243640 HVAC fuses…

I have a GMC 2002...
I have a GMC 2002 Sonoma VIN 1GTCS195X28243640 HVAC fuses that are both good, Today I pulled the plug off the compressor assembly and Im not getting 12 VDC at that plug. I went to O'reilly's and ask to purchase the AC relay and was sold BWD R3115 That is a 4 pin device that I can't seam to locate its equal on my truck. I had a S10 blazer befor this truck and its AC relay was mounted under hood at the fire wall. My Sonoma has an Omron relay 12177233 about where my S10 relay was. any thoughts or guidance ?
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop owner, tech

What size engine does your truck have in ti and is it a 4X4?

I think its 2.2 i know its a 4 cylinder and not a 4X4

The ac compressor relay is in the fuse box under the hood. Give me just a minute and I will post a diagram of your fuse box with the relay labeled.

Is there 2 fuse boxes on this truck because I have a fuse box in the cab on the drivers side of the dash? if yes can you advise where to look under the hood ?

Yes there are two fuse boxes. The one under the hood is on the drivers side on the inner fender well. It will have a cover that has a spin finger nut on the top of it to hold the top onto the fuse box. Here is a diagram of its location.

KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop owner, tech