GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

1995 GM 3800 V6 Starts and runs great but was doing this for…

1995 GM 3800 V6 Starts...
1995 GM 3800 V6 Starts and runs great but was doing this for a few minutes every 3-6 mo and now constantly low power off the line (like it is in 2nd gear), no tach or spedo, ABS and low fuel lights on and no PW or AC.
9/21/2017
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

has anything been done yet to fix this issue yet ?

how do you get it to fix itself so to say when it acts up ?

It usually corrects itself in 10-30 minutes, with engine running or not. Does not trigger check engine light either.

the odds are this issue is caused by bad ignition switch as that powers those fuses that power those things going out

if there are no codes and the battery cables are clean and tight then i would replace the ignition switch next

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Can an engine run with a bad ignition switch?

it can but it is not power correctly certain fuses like the transmission fuse

Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Gary
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician