GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

I have a 2013 GMC Terrain. The bluetooth has stopped

Customer Question
I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 GMC Terrain. The bluetooth has stopped working. I brought it to the dealer and he said that GMC and the phone company are not compatible. The bluetooth worked before.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Terrain yourself? What have you tried so far?

Do I have to take it to the dealership to find out if a software update is needed?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

II am having the same problem with the bluetooth as another customer wrote 4 years ago. about the radio being affected also

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

It came with the car and I brought it to the dealership this morning and was told that the GMC's and the phone company are not compatible

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: GMC
9/21/2017
GMC Mechanic: GM Bob, ASE Master Technician replied 10 months ago
GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help.

Who is your phone provider and what phone do you have?

Can you post your VIN?

Thank you

At&T is my provider and I have a Samsung S7. I will get the VIN on my lunch break.
GMC Mechanic: GM Bob, ASE Master Technician replied 9 months ago

Thank you for getting back with me.

The VIN will help.