Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GCM master tech over 25 years
19513769

Second opinion] 2007 avalanche rpm goes up & mph goes down

Customer Question

Second opinion] 2007 avalanche rpm goes up & mph goes down when going over 50 mph
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

is the check engine light on or blinking ?

are there any codes set in the computer ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
light on p2135 & p2176
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

has anything been done to the truck yet or any work done recently to it ?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

both those cares are for the throttle body internal throttle position sensors and for the throttle body not learned

if the throttle body has not been changed then replace the throttle body and the electrical connector at the throttle body then have it relearned

that should fix both codes and the rpm issue you are having

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 30 days ago.