GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

I have a 2012 Malibu that has been gone thru by our mechanic…

Customer Question
I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 Malibu that has been gone thru by our mechanic extensively new electric system rekeyed fuel pump alternator battery to name a few. It will start and work fine and then it quits and won't start. What else could cause this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Yes that too has been replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have an excellent mechanic he has reached out to other mechanics and GMC and no one can find the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just a solution

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: GMC
9/17/2017
GMC Mechanic: Amedee, GMC Technician replied 8 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, GMC Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

When it does not start, does it crank over and not start or not crank over at all?

May I start by getting your VIN and any stored codes in the computer?

Thank you!

Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic