Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

I have a problem with 2002 envoy. Daughter bought this used

Customer Question

I have a problem with 2002 envoy. Daughter bought this used so I'm trying to fix it for her . First no backup lights bulbs are good sockets are good ground tested good changed backup relay it was hot and prongs were discolored . Still no lights. trailer plug is good and has backup lights working . Then started to notice bigger problem when you shift from park to any gear dash lights dome lights hvac lights and high beems all go out and amp gauge. No blowen fuses put it back in park they all work again . Changed alternator high beem relay both headlights housings and bulbs . On high beems only 2 bulbs light up not all 4 .fog lights work . Looks like new ignition switch was put in not long ago there is no raido in dash unpluged and no shorts there check engin light is on and security light comes on when shifted out of park and goes out when put back in park . Any ideas where to start gear indicates light works in all but park
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

I am sorry so far all other techs have passed on this question. I am on vacation not working as many hours as normal. I will try to help when I can if help is still needed.