GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

Battery dead cant get into neutral and key stuck in

Customer Question
battery dead cant get...

battery dead cant get into neutral and key stuck in ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Havent tested recently

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GM?

2007 acadia

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?

Havent tried anything yet need to put in neutral to get out of garage in order to jump it and check the battery

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: GMC
8/6/2017
GMC Mechanic: TODD RUZICKA,
 replied 8 months ago
TODD RUZICKA

H​I my name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. What you are describing is indicative of a faulty battery. If the battery fails, the Brake Transmission Shift interlock (BTSI) Solenoid will not release the shifter into the key off position. Therefore, the key will not come out of the ignition. If you were to jump start the vehicle with jumper cables, you'll have enough power to turn the ignition key to the off position. It sounds to me your battery has failed. Have you tried jumping the vehicle?

Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic