GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

I have a 2000 GMC Sierra and someone tried to steal it. I…

Customer Question
I have a 2000 GMC...
I have a 2000 GMC Sierra and someone tried to steal it. I took it to a Gmac dealer to get it repaired and they did expect for the feature that unlocks the doors when you remove the key from the ignition. Any ideas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They replaced the cylinder and other parts
8/6/2017
GMC Mechanic: FIX IT MAN, Master Technician replied 1 year ago
FIX  IT MAN
FIX IT MAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** is a feature that is programmed into the body control module. You either have a wiring issue still from the lock cylinder to the BCM or it is more likely that the programming in the BCM was not done correctly. I would take it back and ask them to program it correctly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I Ann having an issue because the insurance paid for it and they put in recycled part and gm parts and told me that I have no warranty after they were done with everything. I wasn't told of that in the first place

With used parts it is hard to say if it is even configured to do this. All that can be done is to access the BCM with a factory scan tool to see if that is an option and then turn it on. It depends on the parts that were installed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The master cylinder was a gym part and the other parts were recycled

The master cylinder would not have anything to do with it. The lock cylinder where the key gets inserted would. If that is new then this is a programming issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The housing is the gm part. I looked at the paper work

Even as a GM part it has to be properly programmed and configured.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. I will go back and have them so that

No problem. If you need anything else please let me know. Please also rate my service when you have time. Thank you and have a great night.