Ron Z.
Ron Z., - GMC Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & GMC Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

I was notified of code P0333. Knock Sensor 2 Circuit High.

Customer Question

JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: The only trouble code I've been alerted of is P0333.
JA: What is the model/year of your GMC?
Customer: It's a 2007 Yukon with a 4.8L.
JA: Are you fixing your Yukon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to fix it myself. I haven't done anything so far. I just drove back home to check it out.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, ma'am. That's would be it. Thank you for your help.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and type out my reply. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for holding!

The P0333 is a fairly straight forward code pointing to a problem with the Knock Sensor for Bank2. The sensor is located on the passenger's side of the engine, towards the bottom, at about the center of the engine block. For an image location view, click here: https://goo.gl/11Eccq . For the best access, remove the passenger's side front wheel and work through the wheel well. Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the inspection check ok, replace the sensor. To replace, unplug the electrical connector and remove the mounting bolt from the center of the sensor. Turn-and-pull the sensor out of the engine. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Were there any other questions I could help you with today?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

HI! I noticed this Q&A was still open, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this? Any other questions you had?