Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Instructor at Palm Beach State College
93113249

I have a 2014 GMC Serria 1/2 ton truck that the right rear

Customer Question

I have a 2014 GMC Serria 1/2 ton truck that the right rear brake and blinker do not work.Traced wire back to BCM and found wire good. Had ground on wire for brake light circuit out of BCM.Replaced BCM from GM and had GM program .Still have same problem. Any Suggestions
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: Brake fluild is fine level is good.
JA: What is the model of your '14 GMC?
Customer: K1500 SLE
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I am a shop owner We have tried a new BCM Twice Reprogramming Twice
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it
Category: GMC
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 2 months ago.
Hi my name is***** you tried to put four way flashers on to see if both sides flash

You should be able to scan the BCM to see if turn signal switch is sending signal for turn for right side. The problem sounds like it is not signalling BCM. The Brake and turn signals are separate circuits into the BCM and the BCM turns on the correct lights. Do you have wire diagram of circuit? Let me know if you need it?

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"