Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

07 savanna van ac works until van gets up to temp. New

Customer Question

07 savanna van ac works until van gets up to temp. New actuator but no movement at blend
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: Full blows cold tubes cold compressor on
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 07 savanna
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and I replaced blend door actuator and manual heater controls
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

I need a little better explanation. What happens once the van gets up to temp? Does the air coming out of the dash get warm or hot?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hot the blend actuator isn't moving and I put new one in

So once the vehicle gets up to temp, with the AC still on and the engine on, the dash vents are blowing out heat but the AC lines going into the firewall are freezing cold?

With the blend door actuator off, can you manually move the door and change from heated air, to outside air temp, to AC cold air?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I plugged in a new actuator not hooked to vehicle and it doesn't move when controls are moved

At the actuator confirm you have black wire ground, brown wire power. If those are good and the light blue wire is not broken, then the actuator is not moving from a faulty HVAC controller.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have power at blue with key on no power to brown and ground on black

Below the left front seat in the body fuse block. HVAC1 fuse 9 is what powers the brown wire to the blend actuator. Is this fuse good and powered?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris