Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM, GMC, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics
1609972

You know what my vehicle is, now somebody messed with the

Customer Question

hello, you know what my vehicle is, now somebody messed with the fuses, and immediately i noticed the speedometer did not work after that, now i am noticing that appfearetly the gas gage is not working eiither. they have something in common, it might be a fuse, but which one it is, where and what amp do i need, help?
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?
Customer: yeah i know, and i know where it is at, but i don't know which fuse it is, he said he pullled one marked radio, and there was a seperate conecter left in the spot he took out and he said he put the fuse back in but it did not need that extra connecter in it, but i dont know, all i know is it worked and now it doesn't.
JA: What is the model/year of your GMC?
Customer: 1991 gmc vandura, 5.7 liter. need any thing else?
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, i tried asking around at auto parts shops to see if i could get any cures, i tried a couple of auto repair places. but i dont have the money to take it in for work. i am afraid to do anything with it myself for trouble shooting, but one of the shops kind of checked the fuses roughly without paying for it, they said no fuses were burned out, and even though they said they looked to be in place they are the same place that i had it at a couple months prior and they did a diagnostics and found it was a fuse, and they said they replace it and it worked, until people keep pulling fuses to check other non working things.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yeah, the auto window is not working but only intemitly.
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the morning would be great, then i could go out to the vehicle at the same time.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Check this fuse panel diagram below and make sure all of the correct fuses are in the correct locations.If this is all found to be o.k. let me know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytv8bj8u16j8qka/clus-07-25.pdf?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i already had pro mechanic do that, they claim it was okay, however if you ask me to do it, i would have to say, how the heck would i know. if i knew that, i would not be needing to ask for help, can you give me some idea as to witch ones to look for or something?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Let me take a look and see what I see on these fuses.I will post back here shortly.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

O.k.,some of the info I need is limited on this year.I will have to see if anyone else here can assist further on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i tried to take a couple of picts of my fuses, but i don't know if i can download it here or not, i will try to send them and maybe somebody there can see if they can figure something out.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sorry they did not take.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
do you have any news yet for me? if you can't help me then i will have to cancel and get my money back.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it has been more the 24 hours since your message said i would hear back from somebody...
Expert:  Don - Mo Lurch replied 2 months ago.

very sorry for the delay, as I see your other expert has OPTED Out........
After reading your responses, it is clear that you need "hands on" person to test & have a look at the issue.
This forum does not have that ability, so it would be in your best interest to have a "Reputable" Local Mechanic or Shop have a look.
thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you then for your time, so how do i get a refund and cancel this subscritpion since you can't do anything for me.